HelioScope has an integration with Nearmap that empowers our users to easily include Nearmap's high-resolution imagery in our designer.
HelioScope and Nearmap have decided to change the process to link both accounts to improve security, moving from the usage of a username and password to a more secure option that uses a generated API Key.
To link your Nearmap and HelioScope accounts follow these instructions (please note that if you use Nearmap in Aurora and/or any other websites or apps, you would still need to follow these steps as you will need a different API Token to link Nearmap to HelioScope):
1. If you have an account with Nearmap, after you log in to your Nearmap account you can go to this link with instructions on how to create an API integration for HelioScope (to create the API integration you need to be an Admin on your Nearmap account)
**NOTE** Please make sure that your API key has no IP Restrictions under Optional Settings.
2. Once you create the API integration for HelioScope you need to generate an API Token.
3. After you generate the API Token, log in to HelioScope to enter the API Token by clicking here. Or you can follow these instructions:
- If you are using the "Classic" version of HelioScope, on the top right click your name then click "My Account"
- Click "3rd Party Services" and you will be directed to the "New" HelioScope experience
- Now in the "New" HelioScope Experience, at the bottom left you can click your name and then click "Account Settings"> "Integrations" and click "Connect" to paste the API Key.
Another option to integrate Nearmap and HelioScope is through the Designer:
- If you are already working on creating a Design and would like to use Nearmap imagery, please select the Nearmap option
- You will then be prompted to connect your existing Nearmap account by clicking "Go to Integrations"
- Click "Connect" to enter the API Key
- Proceed with entering the API Key
Congratulations! Your Nearmap account has now been connected to your HelioScope account and should be available as an imagery option in the designer.
NOTE: If your Nearmap subscription type does not have access to your project location you will receive the error message "Nearmap Not Available". In that case to upgrade your Nearmap account or for more information, we suggest you contact https://www.nearmap.com/us/en/support