To create the Electrical Design:
- Choose your inverter from the inverter drop down menu, the quantity will automatically update based on a target 1.25 DC/AC ratio. Inverter quantity or target DC/AC ratio can be manually changed.
- String range will be set automatically according to ASHRAE data. Manually size it according to your project specifications.
- Choose the string routing: along, or up and down the array.
- (Optional) When designing with SolarEdge inverters, you must select an optimizer to complete the electrical design.
- (Optional) Add combiners. Combiners can be sized using the “Combiner Poles” field, which controls the maximum number of inputs available per combiner. These can also be removed by clicking “x remove” at the bottom of the section in the designer.
- (Optional) Add recombiner box. Note: Percentage values next to the conductors show their total voltage drop at STC. These numbers are based on the wire distances shown in the Designer and the resistance of the conductor.
- Strings refer to the conductors after the modules have been connected in series
- Home Runs refers to the conductors after being combined at the combiner box.
- Trunk cable refers to the conductors after being recombined at the recombiners (if applicable).
- Move Inverters and combiner boxes to desired location and the wires will be re-routed appropriately.
- Click on SLD to view a more detailed summary of the electrical characteristics of the array in the Single Line Diagram.
Next: Simulate the Report