HelioScope offers generous free or discounted access to nonprofits and users in an academic setting as part of our Social Impact work. We are proud to support solar education and the good work of nonprofits around the world!
Jump to the right section for you: Nonprofits, Academic Access — Classes, or Academic Access — Individual or Small Group Study/Research
For our nonprofit users, HelioScope offers free access to our Pro features for a year for up to 3 users. Above 3 users, we offer a generous 50% discount off our standard pricing.
To request nonprofit access, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Verification of your nonprofit status
- for a US-based organization, that might look something like this: IRS determination letter, Form 990, Incorporation documents, State-level verification, Form 1023 or 1024
- for an international organization, might look something like this: Organizational Charter or Constitution (similar to articles of incorp in the US), Registration documents (most countries require non-profit orgs to register with a governmental body), Financial reports/audits (similar to the form 990 in the US; many non-profit orgs are required to submit annual reports or audits)
- Information about your organization and how you anticipate using HelioScope:
- contact person name and email
- projected number of users (and the names and email addresses of those users if available—keep in mind we do require the use of non-profit email addresses for use as your HelioScope login)
- projected number of annual projects created in HelioScope
Academic Access — Classes
HelioScope offers free access to our Pro features for all students in a class where the instructor requests HelioScope access for their students. If you are a student in a class and your instructor is requiring you to use HelioScope, please reach out directly to your instructor for more information, and send them this article. If you are an instructor and would like your students to be able to use HelioScope as part of your class, please reach out to us at email@example.com with the following information:
- Curriculum (such as class syllabus)
- Start and end date of the class (if not in the syllabus)
- Class roster – first, last name & academic email address. If your students have not already signed up for a HelioScope login, you can speed up the process by having them create a HelioScope login here (using the same academic email address you provide on your class roster): https://app.helioscope.com/signup
Academic Access — Individual or Small Group Study/Research
In addition to offering access to an entire class, HelioScope does have options for academic use in the case of individuals or small groups associated with an academic institution, but not part of a class where the instructor is requiring the use of HelioScope for all students in the course. For example, this would be the appropriate option for Masters or PhD students, capstone projects, independent study projects, ongoing University research studies, etc. For individuals and small groups associated with an academic institution but not part of a class where the instructor is requiring HelioScope for all students, HelioScope offers free access to our Pro features for the duration of your course of study/research, for up to one year for up to 3 users. Above 3 users, we offer a generous 50% discount off our standard pricing.
To request academic access as an individual (or small group), please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Proof of your current association with your academic institution (e.g. current course schedule, student ID with expiration date, enrollment letter or proof of employment letter, etc)
- The email address you used to log into HelioScope, and your academic email address if it’s different. If you don’t currently use your academic email address as your HelioScope login, we will need to update your HelioScope login to your academic email address to process your academic access request